Founded in 1986, the ESU Foundation is an independent affiliate of East Stroudsburg University with the sole mission of soliciting, receiving and administering gifts and donations that promote the growth, progress and general welfare of ESU and its students.
The East Stroudsburg University Foundation, the 501(c) (3) affiliate of East Stroudsburg University, seeks a talented, experienced, and energetic development professional to serve as a Regional Gift Officer.
Reporting to the Director, Major and Planned Gifts of The East Stroudsburg University Foundation, the Regional Gift Officer, will develop and execute a comprehensive strategy to retain and expand the number of donors to the foundation’s annual fund, through active
cultivation, appropriate solicitation and stewardship resulting in increased operating income for the Foundation, support for university priorities and growth in alumni participation rates.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage a portfolio of 150 - 200 prospects, within a defined region;
- Qualify, cultivate, solicit and steward prospects and donors with the capability of giving $10,000 or more over a 3 to 5-year period in line with established individual and team fundraising goals;
- Solicit gifts through personal visits, follow up telephone calls and coordinated written correspondence;
- Collaborate with Foundation departments, University officers, faculty, administrators and Athletics on fundraising strategies;
- Maintain accurate, timely records and contact reports in the database of record to facilitate repeated gifts and establish lifetime philanthropic partnerships;
- Complete and Submit monthly expense reports receipts, and invoices in a timely fashion;
- Maintain knowledge of current best practices in the field of fundraising and advance understanding through professional development;
- Participate at and assist where needed with cultivation events;
- Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years of relevant experience (development, sales, marketing, customer relations, etc.) or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Experience in a higher education or non-profit setting preferred; direct experience with fundraising and volunteer management;
- Proven ability to solicit and close philanthropic gifts at the $10,000+ level, or equivalent experience in a related field such as sales;
- Working knowledge of charitable giving tax law;
- Strong organizational and planning skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proven ability to successfully interact and collaborate with varied constituencies in a professional manner, exhibiting excellent written and oral communication skills, team-building skills, and demonstrating tact, poise and diplomacy while working with a wide variety of personalities;
- Ability to apply good judgment and proven responsible decision-making skills; sensitivity and discretion are required to deal with highly confidential alumni, parent, student, family, donor and prospect information;
- Must be a detail-oriented, self-starter with a demonstrated ability to work independently and manage multiple projects and priorities to meet aggressive timelines and challenging deadlines;
- Availability for frequent travel in a defined region within and outside of the state of Pennsylvania, as well as evening and weekend work;
- Working knowledge of electronic mail and calendars, the Windows environment, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, and Raisers Edge or comparable databases;
- Deep appreciation for the mission and aspirations of the East Stroudsburg University Foundation and East Stroudsburg University;
- Personal attributes: Honesty, integrity, persistence, enthusiasm, team player, commitment, attention to detail, curiosity and self-awareness;
Application package must include:
- Cover letter indicating why you are interested in this position plus salary requirements
- Resume (please include start and end date of employment for each position)
- Names and contact information of three professional references (at least two of which must have been direct supervisors)
- If all three items above are not submitted your application will not be considered
Send to: Search Committee, ESU Foundation, 200 Prospect Street, East Stroudsburg, PA 18301 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The East Stroudsburg University Foundation is an equal opportunity employer encouraging excellence through diversity. Excellent benefits
include participation in medical, dental and vision coverage; generous retirement plan; life insurance; holidays; personal and vacation days and sick leave.
The application deadline for application is Friday, June 28, 2019. Review of applications will begin immediately, and the application period may close early, when an adequate number of qualified applications are received.
Notice of Nondiscrimination: East Stroudsburg University Foundation does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran’s status in its programs and activities in accordance with applicable federal
and state laws and regulations. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding this policy: CFO, East Stroudsburg University Foundation, 200 Prospect Street, East
Stroudsburg, PA 18301, 570-422-3236. For assistance or special accommodations, please call 570-422-3236.
Click here to download the job description as a PDF.